About | The Partnership
Downtown Davenport Partnership, a division of the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, is a non-profit organization focused on the strategic growth and beautification of historic downtown Davenport.
As administrators of the Self Supporting Municipal Improvement District (SSMID), the Downtown Davenport Partnership provides leadership and advocacy for downtown economic development, planning, cultural vitality, events, marketing, and clean-and-safe initiatives.
What is a SSMID?
A SSMID is a defined area within which businesses pay an additional fee to fund improvements and enhanced services within the district’s boundaries. The services provided by SSMID are supplemental to those already provided by the municipality. The SSMID is funded by downtown property owners through a fee structure based on assessed value.
The Mission of the Partnership is “to administer and operate programs for the general improvement and redevelopment of Davenport’s Central Business District and to enhance its aesthetic appearance and economic future for the community and all the citizens of Davenport.”
What We Do
Beautification & MaintenanceTeam
- Plants and maintains flower baskets and flower beds throughout downtown
- Cleans streets and sidewalks daily
- Maintains decorative light-poles, streetscaping, and holiday lighting
- Plows snow on sidewalks at key intersections
- Beautifies and maintains railroad viaduct
- Cultivates Bechtel Park
- Leads effort to recruit new and retain current downtown businesses
- Coordinates with City to assist business expansion and growth
- Leads downtown long-term Strategic Master Planning
- Provides advocacy for continued downtown residential growth
- Assists in financing and planning for facade and commercial interior improvements
- Implements RiverVision, making our Mississippi Riverfront a premier location for visitors, residents, and businesses
Marketing & Communications
- Manages DowntownDavenport.com, providing visitors, businesses, and residents with a primary source for downtown information
- Circulates weekly event calendar and e-news
- Interacts with downtown visitors, residents and employees through social media tools such as Facebook
- Promotes downtown businesses and events via annual regional mass media campaigns
- Provides public relations and branding support for downtown
Festivals & Events
- Coordinates major festivals including Street Fest, River Roots Live, and Red White & Boom
- Recruits hundreds of volunteers each year for event support
- Organizes annual Downtown Cleanup Day
- Draws thousands of people to downtown annually for festivals
Meet The DDP Board Members
View a list of Downtown Davenport Partnership's Board Members.
Downtown Davenport Partnership 331 West 3rd Street Davenport, IA 52801
DDP Staff Contacts
Director, Downtown Davenport Partnership
Director of Events
Manager of Operations