5 Reasons to Love Third Thursday Downtown
Every month, the small businesses of Downtown Davenport team up to stay open a little bit later (9PM), hold special events, and offer special discounts on a ton of pretty rad stuff. We’ve deemed this occasion “Third Thursday” because, well, it’s on the 3rd Thursday of the month and why complicate things? We highly suggest you come down and celebrate all things downtown! Here’s why:
- Deals, Steals & Freebies – DUH!
Downtown Davenport businesses offer serious benefits during third Thursday. Nearly every month you can find a shop giving away free drinks, find all day happy hours, or significant percentage off unique retail items.
- Local, Unique Entrepreneurs Build Communities
By now you’ve probably seen the “Every time you buy something at a small business, a real person does a happy dance” quote. Well, it’s true. When you shop downtown, you’re actually fueling someone’s dream and HARD work while keeping your money in town. Support the local entrepreneurs busting their butts to make cool stuff and provide awesome service- not people sitting in a corporate board room hundreds of miles away. Supporting downtown biz fosters creativity and pushes OUR community forward!
- It’s Thirsty Thursday, Too
In addition to boutiques, shops and restaurants offering steals, deals and discounts… THE BARS DO TOO! 2 for 1’s; $2 off, all day happy hours,1/2 bottles of wine…the list goes on! If there’s one thing for certain, downtown is not lacking on drink specials during Third Thursday.
- Special Events
Almost every month one of our venues host a concert/comedy night during third Thursday. So not only can you shop/eat/drink without hurting your wallet, but you can make it a full-fledged date night complete with a show. This month we even have a magazine release & fashion show!
- Because Downtown Rules!
With all that said, GET DOWNTOWN!
September 2017’s Third Thursday specials:
• Barrel House (211 E 2nd St) –Don’t miss out on ½ priced fall martini’s and bottles of wine! Half priced appetizers start at 9 pm!
• Energized Café (226 W 3rd St.) – Energized Café is hosting an Open Mic Night! Sing a song, share a poem or just enjoy LIVE music and great coffee from 6-8pm.
• Figge Art Museum (225 W 2nd St.) – Take a moment to appreciate the new exhibit “Endless Flight” with the artist who created it, Edouard Duval-Carrie. The opening reception starts at 5:30pm with Duval-Carrie’s talk starting at 7pm.
• Me & Billy (200 W. 3rd St.) – Get ready for fall with a $5 Pumpkin Mule! Support local and your wallet with $2 off any local drink!
• River Music Experience (129 Main St.) – The Tillers are opening for the post-modern bluegrass group Head for the Hills! Music starts at 8pm!
• The Phoenix (11 E 2nd St.) – The Phoenix is teaming up with Strung by Shawna and The Project of the Quad Cities for a string art benefit! (Registration is through Eventbrite) Let your waitress know that you’re there for Third Thursday and receive exclusive happy hour prices all day long!
• Salon Luce (400 N Main. St) – RELEASE OF THE EDITORIAL QC MAGAZINE 3RD ISSUE & FASHION HAIR/MAKEUP SHOW W/ GUEST DJ HIGGYY!!!!!
• Sippi’s American Grill & Craft Beer – Show your waitress this Facebook post and receive a 25 oz mug of one of our 22 craft beers for the price of a pint.
• Triple Crown Whiskey Bar & Raccoon Motel (304 E 3rd St.) – Detroit-based rock band, Jessica Hernandez and the Deltas are headlining the night! Music starts at 7pm! Be sure to stick around for the free Triple Crown Comedy night that starts at 9:30!
• What A Gem (218 W 3rd St.) – Use the code “editorial” for 10% off your purchase!