EVENTS ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP – Summer, 2017
Downtown Davenport Partnership (DDP), a division of the Quad Cities Chamber, is seeking college students interested in enhancing their education and experience in event planning, marketing, and implementation. This internship position offers hands-on experience and applicants can expect to play an active role in producing three major Quad Cities’ festivals. The Events Assistant intern reports directly to Jason Gilliland, DDP Director of Events.
- Red, White and Boom – July 3
- Street Fest (Bix7 Weekend) – July 28-29
- Alternating Currents – August 25-26
- Assist in special event planning and execution
- The position requires being on-site during all events
- Event website maintenance
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination as well as training sessions
- Coordinates vendors and provides event details to prospective participants
- Provides administrative support prior to and after events
- Manage sponsor benefits and fulfillment
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional, service-oriented attitude
- Experience in Microsoft Office is required
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and flexible
- Valid driver’s license
Start Date: As soon as possible
Schedule: 10 – 15 hours/week through May. 40 hours/week + events in June, July & August
Salary: $8.25/ hour
DDP Director of Events
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. They may vary from position to position.
Photo provided by Small Wonders Photography.
Receive future updates from this entry: RSS 2.0 feed.