Icestravaganza returns for its sixth year on Saturday, January 13, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Freight House Farmers’ Market. A team of professional ice sculptors will work to make the Davenport Freight house come alive with over 10 different ice sculptures. Nearly 20,000 pounds of ice will be brought in to create the nautical and pirate themed, interactive pieces. Come enjoy the magic and capture the moment!
Icestravaganza is a FREE event for all ages from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., featuring:
– Live ice carving demonstrations during the Blaze Restoration Inc. Ice Carving Competition
– Interactive ice sculptures
– Kids’ activities
– Davenport Public Library story time
– Princesses mingling and taking photos with guests
– Extended Freight House Farmers’ Market hours (8am to 4pm)
– Two $500 Giveaways from Necker’s Jewelers
– Continue the fun at River’s Edge Ice Arena & Indoor Skating Rink. Hosting a National Skating Day event, from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m., where mini skating lessons will be available.
Icestravaganza will continue into the night with an After-Party (21 & over) from 6 to 8pm. There will be limited tickets (200) $10 in advance or $15 at the door (your first drink is free with ticket purchase) featuring:
– Front Street Brewery craft beer
– Mississippi River Distilling Company & Cody Road Cocktail House signature cocktails
– Complimentary seafood bites (compliments of Werner Restoration Services, Inc.)
– A 20 foot Ice Bar
– Dramatic ice sculpture lighting
– Live set from DJ Buddha – the original
– Fire Dancers from QC Sol Fire
After the sun goes down, the sculptures will be lit to make viewing extra spectacular so plan to share fun photos with friends and don’t forget to tag #IcestravaganzaQC! After the party follow the music to the Front Street Brewery Taproom starting at 8pm.
Icestravaganza After-Party Tickets are limited (200): $10 in advance or $15 at the door (your first drink is free with ticket purchase) Get tickets here:http://bit.ly/2kNxy55
Icestravaganza is proud to be a part of Be a Tourist in Your Own Backyard Weekend. There’s more fun to be had in Downtown Davenport, Iowa at the many shops, galleries, museums, bars and restaurants. Icestravaganza is presented by Genesis Health System with additional support from The City of Davenport, Strieter Lincoln Motor Company , Front Street Brewery, Werner Restoration Services, Inc., Blaze Restoration Inc., Necker’s Jewelers, Townsquare Media Quad Cities, Quad-City Times, Mickle Communications, KLJB FOX 18, Mediacom, 1 Step / One Step Printing, Tamara Wendt Events, and Hupp Toyotalift.